Sunday, January 22, 2012

pictures!

I finally got some pictures of the animals under my care. Enjoy!

I usually start my day with the elk. Aspen is the big guy with the antlers, Rosie and Sweet Pea are the ladies, and little Spite is the baby of the bunch.




Next comes the Canada lynx. I am amazed every day at how stunningly beautiful Chayne is.




farm friends! barnyard buddies!

donkeys, Hank and Alex (Alex is the one with the shaggy face)


These donkeys are quite fat and incredibly impatient. They will scream at me until I feed them.


goats in coats!

Tommy:


Oreo:


The alpacas are very shy and skittish. I spoil them with treats and they are ever so slowly coming around.


Jack and Jill are Guinea hogs and complete brats (I mean that in the most loving way possible). They really like to stand right where you need to be working and get very offended when asked to move. But they are cute, so I'll allow it.


The bears are lazy this time of year. They don't exactly hibernate, but they slow down considerably. Most of their time is spent sleeping in their dens. This is especially true for Fleur. She is such a lazy bum. Most days Roswell is the only one willing to go to the other side of holding for food, so he eats all the fruit before Fleur decides to get off her butt.

Rozzy bear is a big boy:


Occasionally Fleur will come eat while I am still there and I am always amazed at how tiny she is, especially when she is right next to Roz. She is maybe half his size.


Most of the time, this is all I see of Miss Fleur:


Right now we have a baby cougar/puma/mountain lion in quarantine right outside the administration building (which is where our cubbies, kitchen, staff lounge, etc. are). As often as I can, I go outside and say hi to him. We also play peek-a-boo and he practices his stalking and pouncing on me (don't worry, there is always a fence between us).

Just look at the adorable-ness that I have to deal with every day:


I just love these babies!

2 comments:

  1. I love the pictures! They're all so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have got to stop saying "goats in coats"! It is probably the best thing I have ever heard and I start laughing and can't think about anything else for at least 20 minutes each time I read it...

    ReplyDelete